Designed to protect the wellbeing of our guests and staff, our new revised policies implement cleaning and safety enhancements in the wake of COVID-19.
Arrival / Departure Procedures for Guests:
- Airport transfers: There can only be two guests per row in our vans, with a space between each guest.
- Boat transfers: Before boarding the Turneffe Island Resort boats, we will require temperature checks for guests and employees. There will be a limit of 16 guests per boat and guests will be required to practice social distancing.
- Luggage handlers: Our staff will be required to sanitize luggage handles when transferring luggage to/from the vans, boats, and guest accommodations. Staff will be required to wear gloves.
- Check in: Upon check-in, guests will be taken to their individual accommodations. Staff will re-confirm the paperwork submitted.
- Check out: We have installed a plastic screen at the service deck in reception/gift shop to protect our staff and guests. A maximum of four guests will be permitted in reception/the gift shop at one time.
Procedures for Public Areas:
- Social distancing: We will encourage guests to follow social distancing procedures in public areas with loungers and hammocks placed more than 6 feet apart in the beach and pool areas.
- Cleaning frequency: We will increase the cleaning and disinfecting procedures including employee areas. Kayaks, paddle boards, Hobie Cats, and the corresponding equipment will be thoroughly sanitized before and after each use.
- Disinfecting: Hand sanitizing stations will be available all around the island.
- Serenity Spa: The spa will be thoroughly sanitized between appointments and the time between appointments will be increased to allow for this. Our spa therapists will use face masks the duration of each treatment.
- Facials/ face massages will be suspended until further notice.
- Fitness Center: Our Fitness Center will be closed until further notice.
- Yoga: Yoga classes will continue to take place outside. Mats and equipment will be thoroughly disinfected after each session and mats will be placed six feet apart.
- Rental equipment: Strict and more frequent sanitation procedures will be implemented for all diving, snorkeling, and fishing equipment before and after each trip.
- Excursions: We will implement social distancing guidelines and personal protective equipment on daily excursions whenever possible.
- Table arrangements: To help promote social distancing, we will be rearranging the dining room tables, adding more individual tables to accommodate parties of two and four.
- Meal preparations: We have eliminated our breakfast buffet and family-style portions. Each meal will be individually plated to adhere to the food safety guidelines implemented. Guests can also request meals be served in-room.
- Dining room amenities: All snacks will be individually packaged. Disinfectant wipes will be available next to the water, tea, coffee or lemonade for guest use before and after their servings.
- In-room amenities: All in-room offerings will be individually packaged (snacks, water, soft drinks, etc.). The items in the morning basket service (coffee and tea carafes, milk carafes, coffee cups, etc.) will also be thoroughly disinfected.
- Food safety and hygiene: Enhanced safety and hygiene protocols will be implemented in the dining room, bar areas, and the kitchen. Additionally, all kitchen utensils, table settings, and service ware will be extra cleaned and sanitized after every use.
- Servers and Kitchen staff will wear face masks at all times.
- Room hygiene: Each accommodation is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after every stay. While guests are on island, we will tailor our housekeeping procedures based on each guest’s preference and will offer full service, limited service, or a daily linen delivery.
- Linens and towels: Linens, robes, and towels are changed after every stay. These items are washed at the highest temperatures, sanitized, and completely dried before reuse.
- Room amenities: Pens, paper, magazines, booklets, and related amenities have been removed from all accommodations, and are available upon request. Other in-room amenities, including glasses, hair dryer, and hangers are thoroughly swapped and disinfected after every stay.
- Guest health: Guests who feel unwell or have symptoms related to COVID-19 must immediately inform our staff who will then provide guidance and assistance. We will then immediately evacuate the guests in a private boat and take them to the designated COVID-19 hospital in Belize City to be tested and treated properly.
- Employee health: Any employee who does not feel well or exhibits signs of sickness will be immediately evacuated from the island, will be required to self-quarantine and will not be scheduled to work for at least 14 days.
- Employee transportation: Temperature checks for employees will be required before boarding our Turneffe Island Resort boats. Our staff will take separate boats to the island to ensure there is a proper amount of social distance on the boats carrying our guests.
- Employee hygiene: Staff will be required to wear face masks.
COVID19 flexible policy for new reservations only: Reservations traveling in January 2021 are subject to the flexible cancellation policy. If you have any COVID19 related issues (got positive test results, someone in the same house got positive results, Belize airport shutting down, mandatory 14 day quarantine on returning to your hometown) you will be able to change your dates for no additional cost. If you need to cancel due to COVID19 related issues, before 14 days prior to your arrival, you will be eligible for a full refund of your stay.