Your Caribbean island wedding or special celebration will be among the most romantic in the world at Turneffe Island Resort in Belize. Maybe you'll choose a barefoot walk down an aisle shaded by towering palms. Or, perhaps a more traditional wedding ceremony, overlooking the Caribbean Sea, has always been your dream. Regardless of what you have in mind for your special day, there's no better way to begin the rest of your life than at Turneffe Island Resort.
Platinum Package: Private Island Rental
Group Size: 2 ~ 40 Guest, including celebrating couple
List of Services:
- Belize Private Island Rental: The private rental includes 8 Private Villas, 4 Duplexes and 8 Lodge Rooms, 20 Staff Members, 4 Dive Masters and 2 Lodge Managers. It’s an All Inclusive Resort that has two 49’ yachts for transportation, 5 fishing boats, 2 diving boats, ocean view rooms, and a fresh water pool. The communication system in the main office is available and includes fax, phone, and computer with internet access and more. Basis seven nights and eight days, including airport and island transfers.
- Type of Activity Package: Beachcomber, Diving (max 22 divers) and Fishing (Max 8 Fisherman).
- All inclusive: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and hors d’oeuvres. It includes bottled water and assorted sodas. Liquor, wine or cordials are at an additional cost.
- Lodging accommodations for a maximum of 38 guests, plus a private villa for bride and groom.
- Private Villa for bride and groom includes a bottle of champagne on wedding night and a private dinner with wine on ocean view porch on the night of their choice.
- A Welcome Reception with appetizers and wine, beer and a tropical cocktail.
- Wedding Day Ceremony:
- Floral Package: One centerpiece, one bridal bouquet, two corsages, four boutonniere and three small bridesmaid bouquets.
- Ceremony Decoration: Small floral decorations, subject to seasonal availability.
- Wedding Cake: An elegant and simple two tier white wedding cake (8” and 10” round) with fresh flowers (seasonal) serves 40 people.
- Wedding Reception: Open bar served in the dining room with appetizers and wine, beer and house liquor. A sit down gourmet meal and champagne for toast.
- Gourmet meal, wine and champagne are subject to season and availability of food and beverage products.
Legalities for Weddings In Paradise
Tropical Island Weddings have certain legal requirements for non-nationals including a 3 day waiting period prior to the ceremony taking place. Weddings are considered to be a civil ceremony and are performed on our island.
Marriage license requirements in Belize are as follows:
- Applications can be obtained through the General Registry, Supreme Court Building, Belize City at 501-227-7377.
- Required docs can be either original or certified copies.
- Divorced persons must present an original or certified copy of the divorce certificate; a certified copy of the death certificate must be submitted if widow or widower.
- A fee of US $250 must accompany the application
- 2 witnesses are required and can include hotel staff
- Applications for special licenses must be signed by both applicants, verified by an affidavit and accompanied by the applicants identity documents (certified copies of birth certificate, passport, etc) Visitors can even apply from home through a Belize wedding planner
Minister Irda Gonzalez at 305-894-6194 or Valerie Woods 501-223-0864 are wedding coordinators here in Belize. They can & will arrange for all legal documents and legal processing for an additional fee.
The guests would need to pay for an outside minister’s/wedding co-ordinators accommodations for the night or pay for all special transfers that the minister/wedding co-ordinator would need to and from the island. The special transfer price each way is $450 US.
Turneffe Island Resort Wedding Package
Our Caribbean Belize wedding package includes all legal processing and registrar fees including the cost of an ordained minister, the cost of the wedding license and marriage certificate; all messenger and transportation services, a wedding bouquet, a buttonhole for groom, choice of wedding location on our private island, a decorated wedding arch, a 2 tier wedding cake and a special dinner table for the wedding party of up to 6. Optional services such as additional floral arrangements, wedding photography, and live entertainment are all also available at additional costs. Two witnesses are required and can be arranged by the resort. Cost $1000.00 US
Turneffe Island Resort Platinum Wedding Package
This package best applies to those couples who are looking for a full island rental in Belize. Please contact our Sales office for full details. Cost is based on availability and wedding preferences.
Since there is no dedicated ‘wedding chapel’ on our island, the bride and groom choose their own ‘special location’. Our docks and boardwalks are great examples of what spectacular scenery can be the backdrop for your unique and individual special day but your wedding can also be arranged in your rooms/villas. Each wedding is a unique affair and tailored to each couples unique tastes even if it’s underwater.
The normal application process would require that guests spend at least 2 full days on the island prior to the wedding date. These 2 days need to be working days. The actual wedding can be on the 3rd or 4th day of stay. With a $250 surcharge the wedding application can be processed within a 24 hr period (working day, not Sat/Sun) therefore Turneffe Island Resort requires more than a 4 night stay in order to arrange for your wedding.
Weddings are usually held in the afternoon between 4-5:30pm but they can be anytime you choose. The wedding ceremony is a civil ceremony which is conducted by an ordained minister. At the end of the ceremony the bride and groom will receive their wedding license. The registrar is prepared to include in the official ceremony a poem, vows or text of your choosing.
Extra Options & Costs
Floral Bouquets: Based on personal preferences and availability. For more information visit: http://www.belizeflorist.com/weddings.html
Photographer: (includes 75 undeveloped prints burned onto a CD-Rom) $300 US
Live Entertainment: Steel Pan Duo $350 US
Solo Guitarist $250 US
N/B (guests are responsible for paying for their live entertainment’s accommodations and transportation to and from our island)
Menu Options for up to 6 people:
- Hors d’oeuvres: Fresh Conch Cerviche with home made Corn Tortilla Chips
- Entre: Pan Seared Filet of Fresh Gulf Snapper in a light cream sauce, served with Oven Roasted Potatoes, Glazed Butter Carrots and Steamed Broccoli.
- Hors d’oeuvres: Bacon & Cream Stuffed Mushrooms
- Entre: Grilled Center Cut Pork Loin with Spicy Cranberry Jerk Glaze, served with Lemon Whipped Potatoes and a Medley of Roasted Garden Vegetables.
- Hors d’oeuvres: Spicy Grilled Shrimp wrapped in Snow Peas
- Entre: Fresh Caribbean Lobster (in season) with Toasted Vermicelli Rice Pilaf and Steamed Garden Vegetables.
Please contact the Sales Office for Pricing (800) 874-0118 or (713) 236-7739.